WEC workers are engaged in many different styles of work, concentrating on planting churches, often in hard-to-reach places. The WEC missionaries usually work in teams which are in close contact with the unreached people groups with whom they work.
WEC also works in a number of specialised ministry teams:
• Production of the world prayer manual Operation World
• Planting churches among the addicted Betel
• Working with children at risk (in several locations) Rainbows of Hope
• Direct mail and internet evangelism SOON Ministries
• Creative radio programming and training Radio Worldwide
• Researching and teaching multi-cultural worship music Resonance
• Geared for Growth group Bible studies Geared For Growth
• Reaching immigrant communities in Europe Neighbours Worldwide
Training for mission
WEC has six mission training centres on four continents. Each of them aims to equip God's church, to engage in his mission to those who have yet to have the opportunity to hear about Jesus.
WEC also offers specialised training in areas relating to their work (eg radio, children at risk).
Schools for missionaries' children
WEC's missionary work is often depend on international schools to help care for and nurture the children of our workers abroad.
One of these is Bourofaye Christian School in Senegal, run by WEC International.
But WEC also help to recruit staff for other international schools where WEC has workers with school-aged children.